Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Didn't Know Video Editor was Part of the Job

One commonality of all museum jobs is that you are always asked to do things that were not part of your original job description. In fact most museum job descriptions are pretty simple when the job is not. This is also one of the major reasons I (and I am sure most museum professionals) chose my current career path. I wanted a profession that is challenging, exciting and ever changing.

On that note, as part of my job at the Mississippi 4-H Museum I am in charge of the Mississippi 4-H and Mississippi 4-H Museum Social Networking platforms (in simple terms: Facebook and Twitter).
I post pictures and updates on how our renovations are going at the museum as well as what the 4-H staff and youth have been up to (or what I know they have been up to). I began to get bored with the format I was following, so I decided to upload a video to the museum Facebook to make things interesting.
At the same time I stumbled across some footage shot by a former 4-H employee and a current 4-H employee. So the following video is what I pieced together from various clips of the original museum displays. I thought, "Hey I'm preserving history!"

I had no idea when I took this job that I would be able to practice my video editing (however weak they are) and create something to record the history of the museum itself. I added a little flair with music and a title and credits. Enjoy!!


1 comment:

  1. Really neat video!!! So excited to see the new exhibit in late fall 2010!!! Dr. 4-H

    ReplyDelete